Next Friday I am going to be speaking at a lock in our church is having for our 7th grade girls. I am nervous. I am going to be giving my testimony about being a teen mom. Gabriel doesn't think I'm the best example of "what NOT to do". I agree because, I did marry my high school sweetheart, we are still together, we have a beautiful family and we have a very nice life together. Our struggles were different than what one would expect. I think I'm not going to put my focus on our struggles but on my own. I need to map out my talk this week. I think I'm going to narrow it down to three main points and wrap it up with tips to help them make the right choices. When I get it together I will post it to my writing blog.
I am also really nervous about the 7pm to 7am timeline! I go to bed at 9pm! Seriously! I think I'm gonna have to take a nap that day AND load up on Rock Star or Red Bull. I HATE the taste of the white Rock Star though! It tastes like fizzy Nyquil to me. YUCK! Is Red Bull better? Does anyone have any thoughts?
One more thing that makes me nervous is the topic of this lock in. I believe in abstinence 100%. To me this topic is very personal. If someone were talking to my children I would want to know EXACTLY what's being said to them. We have a very open family. Matthew has asked us some incredibly honest questions. However, I do realize that not all families are this way. I worry that a parent may get mad at me. Or that something I say will be taken out of context. I could use a LOT of prayer. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.